Sunday, January 17, 2010

Web-Intranet-History

The internet, previously known as the ARPANET goes a long way. Little did I know that the internet started its batch processing from as early as 1957! Argh, that just shows how ignorant we can be to this little naughty devil that we just simply cannot refrain from everyday. Personally for me, it is my form of entertainment. And yes Mr. Choy, indeed you are right; I don't read the newspaper no more, instead I read it from sources online. Besides, you never know how biased the papers can be (whoops! was I supposed to say that)

I mean come on, when you think the internet, you think youtube, google, facebook and added for me, free online movie streaming sites and football sites!

But in any case, from lesson one and two, we have gone from Web 1.0 to Web 3.0. Its funny how you think back when you were younger on how the future would be like and in a jiffy, the semantic web, "knows you." I am still honestly kinda impressed with the whole technology thing that we presently have. Real talk.

Then comes the intranet. My favorite. Why? Because in the freaking army, I had to freaking work with it every single damn day! A private network that helps you get around the organization. Great. But I got to give it up to the army because they made the intranet really effective and important, for the organization.

Basically, these were the stuff that were going through my head during the first two lectures, how I relate what I know and my life to the internet. Pretty normal stuff but yeah, a slow start to more information overload I guess. Peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment